Mighty Ducks: The Animated Series was a cartoon on the Disney Afternoon block. It starred a group of crimefighting, hockey-playing ducks whose team was based on the Anaheim Mighty Ducks hockey team (who, incidentally, had been named after a Disney film trilogy).
- Wildwing Fishblade- the leader of the Ducks. He is the mascot for the NHL team and was the basis for an infamous alternate uniform in the nineties.
- Nosedive Flashblade- Wildwing's younger brother.
- Duke L'Orange- a notorious jewel thief. Is named after the dish "duc a l'orange".
- Mallory McMallard- experienced in martial arts
- Tanya Vanderflock- the resident genius who acts as the Ducks' advisor
- Grin Hardwing- a goliath with a zen-like philosophy
The first three episodes were later used in a film entitled The First Face-Off.
The team on which the series was based has since changed their name to the Anaheim Ducks.
Popular internet reviewer Nostalgia Critic reviewed the show on his Disney Afternoon episode. He finds this show to be what killed The Disney Afternoon. He criticizes the show for having to do nothing with the movie series it is based on despite it having the title and sport they play, the story, and main characters. However, he praises the casting of Tim Curry and the late Tony Jay as the villains and the idea of putting them together on the show.